Who is Elliot Wagner?
Elliot Wagner was awarded his Certificate in Acupuncture in 1985 from American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine, where he was class valedictorian. He then went on to earn his Oriental Medicine Doctorate from South Baylo University in 2007. After working in both public and private clinics, Elliot ran his own private practice from 2003 until shortly before his death from cancer in 2011.
But Dr. Wagner was much more than a private health practitioner. He was deeply involved in bringing services and education to the communities around him, establishing and practicing in a number of volunteer programs.
Elliot Wagner's Acupuncture Articles
Dr. Elliot Wagner's articles on acupuncture, written from 2007 to early 2010, appeared in Lafayette Today, as that particular town in northern California was home to Elliot's clinic, The Lafayette Acupuncture Center. The first two articles establish the general philosophy and premises of acupuncture. It was important to Elliot that readers and patients alike see the physiological basis of acupuncture, as well as recognize that Western science has increasingly validated this venerable Chinese medicine. The bulk of the articles contain specific topics of acupuncture treatment — for example, high blood pressure, depression, arthritis, as well as all manner of pain.
- January — Acupuncture—A physiological medicine
- February — Chinese Medicine — A Treasure Both Ancient and Modern
- March — The Treatment of Depression with Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine
- April — Acupuncture: Targeted and Effective Pain Relief
- May — Acupuncture Treatment of Low Back Pain
- June — Acupuncture Facial Rejuvenation
- July — Menopause
- August — The Best Exercises
- September — The Worldwide Scope of Acupuncture
- October — Acupuncture and Alternative Therapies for High Blood Pressure
- November — Caring for Peripheral Neuropathy with Chinese Medicine
- December — Heel Pain and Plantar Fasciitis
- January — Sciatic Nerve Pain
- February — Acupuncture and Stress Relief
- March — Arthritis of the Knee
- April — Fibromyalgia
- May — Acupuncture Face Lifts
- July — Acupuncture for Restless Legs Syndrome
- August — Deep Release Acupuncture
- September — Bell's Palsy (Temporary Facial Paralysis)
- November — Miracle Medicine
- December — Acupuncture for Rotary Cuff and other Shoulder Problems
- January — Acupuncture for Heel Pain, Bone Spurs, and Plantar Fasciitis
- January — Peripheral Neuropathy — An Update
- February — Migraine Headaches
- April — Gout
- May — Acupuncture for Erectile Dysfunction
- August — Acupuncture for Golfer's Elbow
- September — Acupuncture and Weight Loss
- October — Arthritis and Chinese Medicine
- February — Can Acupuncture Help My Headaches?